Re: git.geda-project.org permissions change

Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 08.09.2013 23:04, schrieb DJ Delorie:
>> I defer to Peter's git expertise in setting up the git stuff.  If our
>> previous practices were dangerous, we need to change them, despite any
>> "convenience" of being able to work around the system's intended use.
>
> To date I still wait for somebody showing me an incident where harm
> actually happened. Instead, Peter told us he actually uses exactly the
> workflow I use myself, outlined a week ago, and is used by many other
> projects, too. So much to his "expertise".

Maybe there was a breakdown in communication somewhere (maybe my e-mails
were not getting through or perhaps my English was not clear enough),
but I'm sure that I explained, with examples, how methods that work well
in a personal repository (that only a single developer commits to) often
are not appropriate for a repository that multiple developers
collaborate in.

stgit is a good example of a tool that I find ideal for personal
repositories, but I would never in a million years use it on a
repository that other people might commit to.

I apologise for misleading you, if you interpreted me differently.

                                    Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>