Re: PLEASE STOP !!! - Re: [geda-user] Apollon

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:15:04AM -0400, Evan Foss wrote:
> > Here [3] I wrote
> >> Even John Dotty seemed to agree that we need an alternative to scheme.
>
> Ahem.. I said this in the talk about C plugins not in refrence to
> python. You are confusing me with Roland. Check the link.
> (I agree with Roland, I just want the citations to be correct)
Sorry for this, though I've not meant your words here, just my reaction
on new circumstances (indeed, I talked about xorn).

> > Yes, yes, I could even agree ;) But not two parallel versions with new
> > dependencies in one repository. How to support them? How to support
> > cross-compiling in this case? There is another way. Let's make bindings
> > for various languages since gobject model allows this. Let's introduce
> > plugins/modules, and we already have modules in scheme.
>
> Find me a user of any reasonably current desktop that does not have
> python. I dislike python and yet I still have it.
>
> Besides he added the option to turn off xorn so python is an
> *optional* dependency.
>
> OT: Ok so then why was having plugins in C a bad thing? It added no
> additional dependencies.
No, I've never said C plugins are a bad thing. I don't think so.

> > Why should I? Tomorrow another user will say he/she prefers Lua and
> > merge his/her library into the master branch without asking us. And what
> > if someone decides to rewrite things in Haskel or bash 8-|
>
> Vladimir this is why this thread went off in search of a new project
> leadership structure.
> You wanted a group of devs voting. Why don't you subject yourself to
> your proposed process via a vote on the developers list.
I remember I have said I'm fully agreed with Peter Brett. I don't think
there is a reason to continue voting while other devs ignored it and
Peter and me total overwhelming majority :) But what does it change?

Cheers,
  Vladimir