Re: PLEASE STOP !!! - Re: [geda-user] Apollon

> If you mean personally me,

I did not.

>   - Was this decision wrong or not?
>   - If it was wrong, should we approve all people who wants to be a
>     member of the admin or developer team?
>   - If you consider rejection of some persons to be wrong, let's discuss
>     that/them.

At least one of the people directly involved said he agreed with the
rejection.  Unless one of the rejected people has a specific complaint
and can show that he's been doing admin tasks all along, I don't see
any real problems.

So if someone who's not active on the lists and hasn't shown any
project leadership asks for admin, IMHO it's right to say "no".  That
doesn't mean "stop trying", it might just mean "not yet".  Remember,
the admin list is a list of people who *own* the project on LP.

If someone had been coordinating releases, helping developers, and
overall doing the job of an admin, and was highly active, and asked
for admin and was rejected . . . then we'd have a problem.

But at the moment my top priority is to grow the developers group, not
the admins group.  Once we have enough developers that we need a
formal "steering committee" type of admin group, I'll worry about that
then.

Meanwhile, my policy for the developers list is simple - if you have
git commit privs anywhere on gedaproject.org, you should be on the
developers list.  With Markus's new "junior developer" feature we
should be able to be more lenient with adding developers.