getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: Moving to an APT repository - Request For Comments

Marco Rodrigues wrote:
Hi!

How about to start with some (private) beta repository for testing purposes,
so we can test functionalities under jaunty.

After a package builds in ABS, it goes automatically to the repository, so
we can start installing packages using apt-get.

I think that's the best thing to do in the beginning..

Let's go ahead with it :-)

Thanks
Apart from the mirror selection script (which is not implemented yet) there is not much to test from from a simple apt-get install, the install can fail as much as for any other repository ;) Automatically copying files from the ABS to a repository without human validation is not safe :(

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader