getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: design

2009/11/6, Joao Pinto <joao.pinto@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Oleg,
> we will not be using the existing www.getdeb.net translations data because:
> - Site template: The core site was changed - new translations are required
> - Applications descriptions: had suffered from db migrations encoding
> corruption

I see, João. Are there many codepages? I thought UTF8 is common
standard to avoid that issues..

> Right now there is no translation support on the site, for the
> template part it is easy to do, for the descriptions is more complex
> because it needs a web interface and the associated database module.

True. Maybe some sense could be in creation ~getdeb-translation (just
a proposal name - maybe it could be getdeb-l10n) subteam on Launchpad?
Descriptions are not huge and could be easily converted to Gettext PO
files and through it uploadable onto LP Rosetta.

> Comments when inplemented will also need to be language-aware, they
> will need an option to show:
> a) all , b) local language only , c) english only , d) english+local
> language only

Yes, i like that way - the same is on cool jamendo.com website.

> --
> João Luís Marques Pinto
> GetDeb Team Leader
> http://www.getdeb.net