getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: design

> I see, João. Are there many codepages? I thought UTF8 is common
> standard to avoid that issues..
The issue was that we had an implementation bug, we have been
inserting ISO8859 encoded data into UNICODE tables, the problem was
only detected after a restore (export/import).

> True. Maybe some sense could be in creation ~getdeb-translation (just
> a proposal name - maybe it could be getdeb-l10n) subteam on Launchpad?
> Descriptions are not huge and could be easily converted to Gettext PO
> files and through it uploadable onto LP Rosetta.

The templates can be gettext PO, not sure about using Rosetta, I still
prefer the old style poedit.
The descriptions are too dynamic and would benefit from a much
easier/faster deployment process, an option to translate directly from
the website (like we have now on www) would be more efficient.

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader