gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

[Gnome Activity Journal] Buttons for switching views

Hey everyone,

I was feeling a little bored and checked out the latest version of GAJ
from LP. I noticed GAJ handled the view switching buttons kinda strange:
disabled the button representing the currently active view, and kept the
other ones enabled? This struck me as a little inconsistent with regards
to GTK GUIs, so I took a little time to try and fix it. I don't know
Python or GTK, but I've programmed GUI applications before in other
languages so I got by. I simply switched the toolbuttons to radio
toolbuttons, and got rid of a few lines of code that are now
superfluous. After the change GAJ looks like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981937/Screenshot-Subota%20to%20Today%20-%20Activity%20Journal.png
(the top left buttons are the interesting thing). After switching modes:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981937/Screenshot-Today%20-%20Activity%20Journal.png.
The reason the first view mode button is different than the second one
is keyboard focus, didn't know where exactly to move it.

I think this change (which is minimal, like 10 lines of code) helps GAJ
a little bit in the UI consistency department. :) I published the
changes to
https://code.launchpad.net/~tinchester/gnome-activity-journal/radiotoolbuttons,
so if you guys find it useful after reviewing, maybe you could make use
of it?

Cheers,
Tin