gnome3-team team mailing list archive

Re: Vanillux

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 02:09 -0400, fabrice quenneville wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
>

> As i said earlier i cant agree with some of Mark Shuttleworth's
> decisions. I also dont really like the pushed release schedule and am
> more a fan of the ARCH (but we like apt!) way of doing things, a
> rolling release where we give new features to our users when they are
> ready without pushing the programmers and breaking the users system
> with instability. I also dont like the whole Banshee thing. We intend
> to make the installer slightly different too offering the user
> more options.

ok, then why not help the Debian project instead of starting your own
distribution?

As I said before, do whatever is best, but IMO one thing that we have
too many in free software is distributions. So, if you don't like the
Canonical way of doing things, you can join the Debian project, which
does exactly what you described

cheers