gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Call for testing of new installers

Hello friends,

Yesterday I have added the functionality of embedding GTK+ runtime
installer within our own installer. This is derived from the installer
script of GSmartControl found at [1].

With the new changes we can create two installer for windows. One with
GTK+ runtime included and the other without. This is a call for
testing for both these installers. They are available at [2].
What needs to be tested:
1. Make sure both installers use our new icon. This is actually a
regression fix from previous release.
2. The -no-gtk-installer.exe should check for existing installation of
GTK+ runtime via registry keys and warn user if a version >= 2.12.0 is
not available. It should offer user to abort the installation of our
app or continue anyway.
3. The -installer.exe should show both our app as well as GTK+ runtime
on a component page. Both are by default selected. User can only
check/uncheck runtime component. If (s)he unchecks the runtime
component a check for existing runtime installation will be made. It
should offer user to change the selection (not abort installation) or
continue anyway.
4. At the end of -installer.exe our app launched properly. I faced a
problem with wine in this case. Not sure of native Windows
installation will have the issue.
5. Anything else that you think of as a valid test case.

Planned changes:
1. An additional check for existing GTK+ installation will be added to
-installer.exe. Depending on the result of this check the checkbox on
components page will be modified.
2. Make sure that GTK+ runtime installer installs translations by default.
3. Modify license displayed appropriately when GTK+ runtime is embedded.

Please provide your testing feedback in same thread. Please do not file bugs.

[1] http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/gsmartcontrol.nsi
[2] http://people.ubuntu.com/~onkarshinde/

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.