gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Removing dead code - prime candidates

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. GNUSim8085.glade - We don't use this file now. All of the interface
> is constructed with the code that lives in src/interface.c

src/interface.[c,h] are *auto-generated* files. Glade is supposed to
generate them from the *.glade file. Please don't edit it directly, but
instead change the .glade file and then have Glade generate the
interface.[c,h] files (unless you want to manage the interface files
manually, of course - but I believe these autogenerated files are already a
mess to edit).

> 2. GNUSim8085.prj - I believe none of our main maintainers use Anjuta.
> Also the file is for very old version of Anjuta. If we need to keep it
> has to be converted to newer version.

I don't rely on Anjuta anymore, so I don't rely on this file.

> 3. tools directory:
> a) gen_insts and gen_pcinc - Not sure if these scripts are relevant
> anymore.
> b) glade_reinsert.c - Not relevant anymore.
> c) replace.py - Do we need to keep this script?
> d) template.asm - This placeholder program is part of code for long
> time. No need to keep this file around.

These were helper scripts/files during the initial stages of development.
They can be safely removed.

-srid