gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Removing dead code - prime candidates

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Sridhar Ratnakumar
<sridhar.ratna@xxxxxxxxx> <snip>
>> 1. GNUSim8085.glade - We don't use this file now. All of the interface
>> is constructed with the code that lives in src/interface.c
>
> src/interface.[c,h] are *auto-generated* files. Glade is supposed to
> generate them from the *.glade file. Please don't edit it directly, but
> instead change the .glade file and then have Glade generate the
> interface.[c,h] files (unless you want to manage the interface files
> manually, of course - but I believe these autogenerated files are already a
> mess to edit).
</snip>

I have to say you haven't been paying attention to the code changes. :-P
I have not used glade since I started working on this project. And all
the changes I did to interface were direct code changes in
interface.[c,h]. This includes migration of menus to new GtkActions
based APIs and UI layout changes.

I could try to migrate these changes to glade file but frankly I do
not think it is worth the effort. Also AFAIK, the method of generating
code from GladeXML file is deprecated. It is now recommended that
GtkBuilder APIs be used to read XML and load the interface dynamically
at runtime.

Let me know what you think.

Onkar