gourmet team mailing list archive

Introduction and plans

Hello all!

I thought that I should introduce my self and get some feedback on a plan
for coding on gourmet that I have.

First introductions, I'm a 45 year old Swede living in southern Sweden. I
rediscovered gourmet some months ago and started using it. Some weeks later
I found my own code in there, it seems I did some translation work 2006,
that I had totally forgotten about :-). On networks I tend to go by "Mr
Shark" as a handle.

Then my plan, I tend to import a lot of recipes from the web and have had a
look at implementing support for more websites. I have started of with
one Swedish site (ica.se) and sent a pull request on github, but since
I tend to "shop around" for recipes quite a bit there will be more of them
later. Are there any thoughts on how importers should be structured? There
is a risk that there will be many :-)

My current thinking is that I'll start by add support for more sites and
then see what patterns emerge and later do some refactoring to pull out
the essentials.

Best regards
/jp
--