Re: [Question #79928]: Continuous lines when no data for teh period

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Right, which is why I think keepLastValue() makes sense. I have a use
case myself where I receive intermittent events of a change in a
particular value that I cannot poll directly, which is a great use case
for keepLastValue(). It does not infringe on the accuracy of my data
because until I receive the next event the value has not changed as far
as I am able to tell.

My concern with averageLastValue() is that it adds rendering behavior
such that you cannot actually tell for certain where actual data points
exist and where the calculated ones are. It can also give the appearance
of multiple values changing (the interpolated ones) when in fact only 1
real data point has actually been added. The only advantage to it that I
can see is that it makes the graphs look smoother, but at the expense of
showing less accurate information.

Tell you what, one thing that is on my todo list anyways is to add some
better organization to the functions menu, I also want to include some
inline descriptions of what each function does. Once that is in place
then I would feel a lot more comfortable including a function like this
because then users would know what to expect from it.