[Question #83274]: add base query string param to render view?

For this project I'm working on I'm shoving lots of data into and attempting to pull it out of graphite every 15 minutes. Carbon is working great for getting the data in and whisper is working perfect for me (which, BTW graphite has been a perfect solution for this project). The problem I'm having is getting the data out via an HTTP call to the render view. I'm about to streamline the code to get as many targets back in one request as I can, but I know I'm going to run into the Query String buffer length limit in Apache (which I think is 8k, but I'd have to look at the source). So if a single target looks like "com.cnn.popularity.${md5hash}" I could eat that up quickly.

Is there any reason I couldn't add (and submit back the patch) a 'base=com.cnn.popularity' query string param on the request to render and then in the parseOptions method where it loops through the target params pre-pend that on as it builds the targets list if it exists? This would by me some extra space to add in more targets as just the md5hash per request to render. Oh, yes I'm using rawData=true and we're talking in the 2000-4000+ range of data points I'm dealing with during runs.

My next option I guess would be to go directly to whisper, but I'm trying to avoid that in case underlying code changes in the future.

Thanks.

-steve