Re: [Question #83274]: add base query string param to render view?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
That could work, another thing you can do is use a wildcard in your
target like so:

target=com.cnn.popularity.*

This will return the data for every metric at this level in the
hierarchy. If you don't necessarily want everything but only some subset
then an alternative might be to request everything with the * but then
your code could ignore the data for metrics you don't care about. That
is of course not optimal in terms of efficiency.

Another approach would be to simply make multiple requests to gather say
1,000 at time or something like that. I'm not trying to discourage you
from writing the base= feature, in fact I think that would be very
useful. I'm just trying to offer up some alternatives that might work
for you out of the box.

Another simpler patch would be to simply change line 130 in
render/views.py from "queryParams = request.GET" to "queryParams =
request.REQUEST" so it will accept parameters either via GET or POST
methods. I can't think of any particular reason it would be bad to
accept POST requests, and it would certainly get around this problem. In
fact, I'll just make that change in trunk now anyways.