Re: Update on debian packaging of whisper

On 01/07/2010 09:31 AM, Chris Davis wrote:
> That's awesome Elliot, thanks!
>
> I'm curious, do you know how we could go about getting carbon & the
> graphite webapp into this mentoring process as well? They of course have
> a lot of external dependencies (especially the webapp) so I'm sure that
> will make it more complicated.

I'll do carbon next (as time allows), whisper was a dependency so that
needed to be first - twisted is all already packaged.

For the webapp, whats the list of dependencies? Many django apps are
already packaged, and I'm open to packaging any that are missing if they
seem well maintained. I haven't looked closely at this code for 3rd
party stuff yet, but debian and ubuntu are pretty strict about requiring
every single copyright and license to be listed, so thats usually the
most tedious part of packaging new webapps.

I'm also working on python-txamqp, which hopefully will soon be a
dependency for carbon :)

BTW, Lucio put up his AMQP code for review, any feedback you could
provide on what it would need in order to be suitable for merge would be
greatly appreciated:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~lucio.torre/graphite/graphite-add-rabbitmq/+merge/16816

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/