Re: Update on debian packaging of whisper

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Elliot Murphy <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For the webapp, whats the list of dependencies? Many django apps are
> already packaged, and I'm open to packaging any that are missing if they
> seem well maintained. I haven't looked closely at this code for 3rd
> party stuff yet, but debian and ubuntu are pretty strict about requiring
> every single copyright and license to be listed, so thats usually the
> most tedious part of packaging new webapps.

The webapp's dependencies are:
python 2.4 or greater
whisper
pycairo
django 1.0 or greater

There are also some optional dependencies that enable various bits of
functionality:
mod_python
python-memcache
python-ldap
one of the python sqlite modules (comes standard with python2.5+)

> I'm also working on python-txamqp, which hopefully will soon be a
> dependency for carbon :)

Yea, I'm looking forward to trying out my first rabbitmq+graphite deployment
soon to see how it works. We could definitely start with making
python-txamqp an optional/suggested dependency.

> BTW, Lucio put up his AMQP code for review, any feedback you could
> provide on what it would need in order to be suitable for merge would be
> greatly appreciated:
>
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~lucio.torre/graphite/graphite-add-rabbitmq/+merge/16816<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/%7Elucio.torre/graphite/graphite-add-rabbitmq/+merge/16816>

Just posted my comments a moment ago.

-Chris