Re: [Question #159752]: Is there someone in the Bay Area that could speak about Graphite?

Jason Dixon proposed the following answer:
If nobody local (or more qualified) is able to speak, I could present my
"Trending with Purpose" talk (http://obfuscurity.com/2011/03/Trending-
with-Purpose) remotely[1]. Although it touches on Nagios, the focus of
the talk is on Graphite. In particular, using metrics that you've
already collected with Nagios performance data and bringing them to life
with Graphite, StatsD and Logster. The afore-linked slides were updated
for my presentation at PICC 2011, and would probably be updated again to
suit the audience (and recent new developments).

[1] I've used BigBlueButton (http://www.bigbluebutton.org/ [2]) on two
occasions to give this talk. It's very well suited for this sort of
arrangement (remote speaker to a group audience). If you're not
comfortable with this arrangement, I understand, but it's worked well
for me in the past.

[2] Their site appears to be down at the moment. But the demo
(http://demo.bigbluebutton.org/) is still active, and I have a snapshot
of a running BBB instance that can be launched at Rackspace Cloud with 5
minutes' notice.