[Question #162120]: Whisper-resize.py not fully taking effect?

Using Carbon/Whisper/Graphite via PyPI, version 0.9.8, via Python 2.6.5 on Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit.

I started out with the default storage-schemas.conf which sets retention to 60:1440, ran for a few days, and decided to switch out my retention period to something longer (specifically, 60:43200 -- a ~month of minutes).

Found mention of whisper-resize.py being required to update Whisper archives after creation; executed it with the above new retention period; ran successfully. whisper-info.py shows the new retention information correctly.

The problem: whisper-fetch.py still shows that the archive file I modified continues to limit itself to 1440 entries, with the oldest entries being recycled as before. I was expecting it to start growing and retaining the oldest entries (i.e. if the oldest entry at time of resize was dated yesterday at 14:40, it should have stuck around, but instead it was deleted.)

Tried restarting my daemonized carbon-cache.py on the off chance it was caching the old retention info on its end somehow, but no dice.

For now I will simply nuke my day's worth of retained data and have the files recreate themselves, but I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing about the use of whisper-resize.py.