[Question #170578]: Good generic storage schema?

I'm starting to grab metrics, and was wondering if there's a storage schema that would work for a wide variety of polling intervals?  Basically something sensible.  Some of my data points would come in every minute, others may even be every 20 minutes.

I'd like to be able to see detailed data for at least a few days, not losing any data points.

Any ideas?

Thanks!