Re: [Question #171056]: Sidestepping Carbon?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Personally I think the best approach is to get  on trunk once the
refactored storage API is integrated. The current priority list is to
first release 0.9.9 then work on integrating 1.1 features into trunk.
The 0.9.9 release is getting near but we try to iterate through every
bug before cutting a release and there are a few left. So my subtle
suggestion is to help with the bug queue so we can get 0.9.9 out and
then get on the storage refactor :). I do expect 0.9.9 to be released
within the next week or so, it's about two weeks overdue already.

Once 0.9.9 is out, I will guesstimate the merge process will take about
2 weeks to get it into trunk. There isn't a firm timetable for the next
stable release after 0.9.9 though (probably December/January-ish), as it
will be the 1.0 release and will take a few months to iron out bugs from
the all the new stuff merging in. So if you're ok with running on trunk
for a while (and given that you use 1.1 I assume you are, and that you
wear a cowboy hat) you should be fine.