Re: [Question #173304]: integral-functions for the long period are incorrect

chrismd proposed the following answer:
The methods I outlined change the way whisper aggregates data as it
rolls into lower precision archives, so it changes what aggregate values
get stored. The summarize() function lets you change how the rendering
buckets datapoints and as long as your data is stored correctly (ie. you
probably want to aggregate your counters with sum instead of average)
then it should give you what you want. But again changing
aggregationMethod will only affect future aggregations and thus won't
affect any existing aggregated data. So yes I would change the
aggregationMethods and use summarize. The rendering code isn't aware of
aggregation configurations so we can't do what you suggest of
multiplying the value based on the aggregation config.