Re: [Question #187391]: Querying data from '/request' is slow on lightly loaded system

Michael Leinartas proposed the following answer:
No, the webapp is the only way right now to get data from whisper and
the cache without having to write some python. If you wanted to go that
route, the interfaces are pretty simple - especially if you stick to
just using Whisper and ignore the cache contents. If you want to play
with Whisper, be sure to read through this to understand some of the
gotchas (especially around multiple retentions):
http://readthedocs.org/docs/graphite/en/latest/whisper.html

As far as Django and the frontend, I personally dont have any pointers
as my Django experience is limited to Graphite and a few small internal
apps at a previous company.