[Question #199531]: Sub-second data gathering

Can I use Graphite / StatsD to gather data at sub-second intervals ? Our usecase is a fairly high-speed message handler.

The other way is to use the facilities of the programming language to write logs but I have to push it into graphite again later.  Our load on graphite might not be very high because we will have only one or two servers but the data is captured fast. We won't be capturing this for a long time.

Thanks.