[Question #238796]: Ceres backed installation

So I have installed graphite with ceres as I need dynamically growing backend data files instead of preallocated ones coming with whisper. I basically followed this description:

http://redkrieg.com/2013/06/07/installing-graphite-with-ceres-and-megacarbon/

Which means that I pulled from git the megacarbon branch of carbon and latest ceres.

Everything seemed to be fine until I realized by looking into debug logs that basically nothing gets cached i.e. as soon as a data point is received, it is immediately written to the disk. Obviously I have not changed the default settings concerning CACHE size.

Also, when running carbon-daemon in no-daemon mode, each operation results in a log entry similar to this, where the long number (timestamp) is unchanged throughout the time.

06/11/2013 23:21:30 :: [console] 1383775610

Questions: how to fix the caching and how to remove this log cluttering: