[Question #240754]: Querying historical data

Hello,

Here is my situation:

We have a worker pool with instances that will never live more than 48 hours. We have a desire to characterize performance of these instances and correlate to a particular unit of work performed (via timestamp).

My storage-schema is defined as:

[worker]
priority = 100
pattern = ^worker.*
retentions = 10s:48h

storage-aggregation is defined as:

[worker]
pattern = ^worker.*
xfilesfactor = 0.0

My expectation is that the collected data should be available for query using absolute values for "from" and "until". In practice, this is not what I have observed.

Using whisper-fetch.py or the render-api, once 96 hours have elapsed, I am no longer able to retrieve data for one of these instances. I initially suspected that the values had aged-out, however, running whisper-dump.py against these files shows the expected collected data in "Archive 0".

Shouldn't I be able to retrieve this data from Archive 0 via the query API, or do I fundamentally misunderstand how this is supposed to work?

Any guidance, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dan