Re: article on gtg

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 04:37:36PM +0200, Luca Invernizzi wrote:
> A potentially interesting reading: a user perspective on the current
> status of GTG (and tomboy).
> http://tjamesubuntu.blogspot.com/2010/05/taking-notes-and-to-do-lists.html

Quite an honest take on the situation, and it lines up with what I heard
from a few users / potential-users here at UDS.  Some key things from
the article that echoes what I've heard from others:

  * More categorization power.  "I must add a faux-task in order to
    create some categories"  AKA "more project oriented".  Of course,
    this can be done well with tags, but maybe the UI is not strong
    enough for it or something?

  * Notes.  Tomboy requires Mono which is pretty sizeable on the CD.
    It seems to me gtg is similar enough that if it could serve as a
    notes tool in general, this could allow Ubuntu to drop Tomboy and
    (since fspot is being dropped), maybe drop all of Mono from the CD
    and save a LOT of space.

  * Syncing with <whatever>.  I guess everyone has a favorite thing to
    sync with.  Certainly being able to access tasks from more than one
    device is important.  Ubuntu One sync would be a selling point for
    including in Ubuntu.

Bryce