Re: article on gtg

I've been thinking about how to support "projects" to categorize tasks.
I haven't been able to find a big difference between a project and a task.
Let me explain:
I can mark a task with a tag(/project), and when I do it  that task
and its children appear
under the tag(/project) filtered view.
Tags(or projects) are abstract concepts, so they don't have due dates
or any other special attributes. Maybe I can tag a project (while it
doesn't make sense to "project a tag"), but it's just
a matter of adding automatically a tag when another is present.
Another difference is that a task
cannot be part of two projects, but this is also easy to obtain.

The real change comes in the UI. I feel that, both in the normal and
the work views,  the users would like to have tasks listed under their
project of competence. So, every project would be a
root node in our tree view, and the "really" root tasks would be child
of these projects.
Project could be highlighted to make them stand out (bold text, color,
you name it), would not be susceptible to clicking (no task editor for
them), and would add tasks with the usual drag and drop interface.

To sum up, couldn't we do project as a special type of tag, that also
appears as a root node in the task view?

Can you think of some use of projects that would not be possible with
this implementation?

Luca