Re: New dailyuse tag so Bryce can use GTG trunk daily

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 04:54:43PM +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> From the I-want-bryce-to-use-trunk-daily brigade:
>
> Hi people,
>
> I've created a new tag for our bugs : dailyuse.
>
> It is meant for bugs that are really annoying on a daily basis and that
> have an impact of an initial user. The goal is to allow developers to focus
> on bug that currently prevent you (or anybody else) from using the trunk as
> an end-user.

Heh, well in this case you will be very happy to know that since Monday
I've switched to using GTG trunk, updating it each morning to latest.

And thanks to all the quick bugfixes being put in this week, the
experience has been going quite well; every day this week gtg has seen
some notable improvement.  I was really glad to see the startup
performance fixes earlier this week, those had been very painful
previously.

The startup performance feels about the same as with 0.2.  I haven't
kept timing counts, but roughly 30 seconds to start for me.  I only have
to do that once a day so that's an acceptable time; however it would be
nice to see this cut down further, so we can advertise 'faster startup'
as a feature, to go with 0.3's faster performance in general.

So far, there are just three bugs which I find to be daily irritations:

  * 590447  Crash toggling off WorkView (each morning)
  * 592445  Tag task counts aren't including grand-children
  * 591636  Context menu causes extra clicks to be required

(Actually that third one I believe has present in the trunk for some time
so isn't really a regression, but it still irritates me to no end.)

Anyway, I know there's probably still a lot of work left to do with
updating plugins and stuff, but at least the core seems to be
stabilizing quite nicely.

Bryce