Re: Syncronising in GTG

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Luca Invernizzi <invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The three xml have been done because they store things that are
> conceptually different.
> - Tags.xml holds tags metadata (colors and parent-child dependencies),

If user want his tag color to be available everywhere (web backend,
mobile device, etc) than tag color is part of data.
If tag color is configured per backend, than it is probably just
backend configuration.

> - Project.xml is the main file  and holds a description of all gtg
> backends (GTG was designed from the beginning to be capable of storing
> tasks in multiple backends)

In another words, it is GTG configuration.

> Being xml, you can always merge them in a single file, but personally
> I like this division.
>  This way, for example, you can keep two  localfile backends in two
> different locations, one in the usual .local/share/gtg and one on your
> pendrive. When you don't have your pendrive connected, GTG behaves
> normally.When you connect it, tasks are (will be, actually)
> automatically updated to the most recent version in both files. If you
> lose your pendrive, you're still safe :).

Looking forward to it :-)

Anyway. According to my descriptions, we have two clusters of data:
well, data, and backend configuration. Metadata is something
different.
Being data, tasks.xml, I think, should not be in some hidden directory
with program configuration.

I am afraid that my English don't allow me to express everything I
want without misleading you, guys.
I am just showing you here my vision of things. Feel free to
contradict or express your vision of anything :-)

Q. Why is top posting bad?