Re: Interaction Design from Allegheny College - Initial Request

Hi Matt,
My opinion is that the general test drives would be a great test to
see if  GTG  is easy and intuitive enough for new users.
As for particular elements to study in the UI, I have a few ideas:
 - the quick add bar (the textbar at the top of the tasks list in the
main browser). Using it, eventually, the user should be able to
quickly add tasks and search them. How could we do that in an
intuitive way? Is the syntax for quick adding notes clear enough and
discoverable (I'm not telling you which keywords you can use :) ) ?
 - the note editor. Is the toolbar too crowded? Is adding a due/start
date easy and fast enough?
 - the main browser. What if we get rid of the menu bar? If that is a
good idea, how could we substitute its functionality?
 - another idea I'm thinking about is adding the support for saving a
search pattern and making it easily accessible from the tags list
(probably. Does that make sense)? That would create a functionality
similar to "smart lists" in Remember The Milk, so, for instance, you
could have a smart tag that always show elements which are due during
next week. Would users like/use that? How should we integrate that in
the UI?

Of course, you're more than welcome to test anything you like, propose
improvements.. You might also have a look at our bug tracker for
inspiration, in particular the "most wanted" bugs [0].

Thanks for your interest in GTG! Don't hesitate to write to us.
  Luca

[0] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+bugs?orderby=-heat&field.status:list=NEW&field.status:list=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status:list=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status:list=CONFIRMED&field.status:list=TRIAGED&field.status:list=INPROGRESS&field.status:list=FIXCOMMITTED&field.omit_dupes=on