Re: Interaction Design from Allegheny College - Initial Request

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 03:58:17PM -0700, invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> My opinion is that the general test drives would be a great test to
> see if  GTG  is easy and intuitive enough for new users.

For more specificity, I would also suggest browsing through the bug
tracker.  There are numerous bug reports which currently are blocked by
uncertainty over usability/interaction/design issues.

Some examples offhand:
344432  Include recurrent/periodic tasks
316922  Have a link to the parent(s) in the task editor
561092  Tasks starting "today" are not listed in workview because
        "today" starts at 6am
340022  Get rid of 'due date' and 'days left' column, group
        active tasks by when they're due
499320  Option to show tags even if they are empty
516534  Coherent natural dates in taskbrowser columns
532392  Start Date should not be allowed to be after the End Date
584667  More simple way to discover dependencies for plugins
320589  Haven't been touched for a while task
343673  Autocomplete for tags
400265  Make columns Add/Removable
400267  Be able to switch between sorting view by a criterion
        or by task order
495246  The tag menu list in task editing should be a list of sorted
        checkbox elements
553910  Feature: sort by tags
619763  Missing dependencies suggestions for plug-ins are not clear
631344  Remove the "tag" and "insert subtask" buttons in the editor
339535  Creating sub-tasks with <tab>
343058  Extend child due date will not work if parent due date is set
        earlier (feedback needed)
517481  Add a reminder option
543659  Need way to visualize tasks starting on future days
575791  Batch tagging / removal

Some of these the developers just aren't sure whether or not it's a
worthwhile idea, so your input could help firm up that no, indeed it is
not something that should be done.

In other cases, it's agreed it's a good idea, but it's not clear how the
feature should work.  For these, some design layout needs done.

Some are implemented ideas but either the wording is confusing to some
people, or the interaction is quirky.  Some analysis and recommendations
for polishing it up is needed.

HTH,
Bryce