Re: improvements and suggestions for the original (English) GUI and dialog strings

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 09:30, Bertrand Rousseau <
bertrand.rousseau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I don't want to be nitpicking but there are also just import or
> read-only
> >> backends: fetch the list of bugs assigned to me, import unread e-mails,
> >> import articles from RSS and so on => just one way.
> >>
> >> Synchronization means both ways: I get some tasks, modify them and send
> >> them away. Although it wouldn't be correct, probably everybody would use
> >> just synchronization backends... ehm.. services.
> >

> > Nitpicking is fine, we are brainstorming here...
> > So are you saying that all GTG "synchronization" services are only one
> way?
> > What would be the correct non-technical expression for a service that
> does
> > it only one way?
>

> Would it be an issue to use "synchronization" for a one way service?
> It's still synchronizing...

It sounds OK for me, let's hear what the others think...

> We could for instance replace the "Backends" item from the menu by
> "Sync with online services...".
>
> When the backends [1] only work one way, it should be clearly said in
> the configuration dialog.

Perfect, that would be the correct information given to the user...

> [1] when speaking technically, I think it's right to use the word
> backend ;-) backends implements synchronization...

No problem with the term itself, it just needed to be explained in more
details... ;)