Re: GTG Redesign: Step 1

Le 31/03/2012 11:07, Alex a écrit :
> Hey everyone,
> You may have noticed, that i edited the GTG/Design Wiki Page and tried
> to get some structure in the design process. The first, and current,
> step would be 'Collect Information'. I think this is very important to
> build some design-goals, so all the redesign efforts are headed in the
> right direction.
>
> So, i have some questions for you:

I can finally be useful in this mailing list, yay !

> 1. What do you think are the 'killer-features' of GTG? (Where are it's
> strenghts compared to other task managers? On which particular feature
> should we focus on the design process? etc.)

For me, a killer-feature of GTG is the tree of tasks. It's a way of
thinking I have had for years when writing tasks on a piece of paper,
and GTG is the only one todolist software I found that offers this.

> 2. Where do you think, GTG extends? (Is there any point, on which GTG
> starts to annoy you, because of it's behaviour?)
> 3. Do you think GTG does accomplish all it's  primary goals?
>
>   * Does GTG make sure you never forget anything and you never miss a
>     deadline?
>   * Does it help you to focus on the most relevant tasks depending on
>     your time, place and deadlines?
>   * Does GTG help you to know why you need to perform a task and does
>     GTG give you the feeling, that you really make progress towards
>     your goals?
>   * Does GTG encourage you to do what needs to be done?

It's difficult for me to answer this point because I haven't used GTG
for a long period enough. What I can say is that GTG helped me to gather
all my little pieces of paper with one ou two tasks on it, and organize
them.

> 4. What are 'must-have' features for modern Taskmanagers?

Tags, urgency matter, importance matter (I used, a long time ago, a
system which weighted tasks : an important task weighted 100, an urgent
task 10, an urgent and important task 1000 (100*10), and the others just 1).