GTG Redesign: Step 1

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed, that i edited the GTG/Design Wiki Page and tried to get some structure in the design process. The first, and current, step would be 'Collect Information'. I think this is very important to build some design-goals, so all the redesign efforts are headed in the right direction.

So, i have some questions for you:

1. What do you think are the 'killer-features' of GTG? (Where are it's strenghts compared to other task managers? On which particular feature should we focus on the design process? etc.)

2. Where do you think, GTG extends? (Is there any point, on which GTG starts to annoy you, because of it's behaviour?)

3. Do you think GTG does accomplish all it's  primary goals?

 * Does GTG make sure you never forget anything and you never miss a
   deadline?
 * Does it help you to focus on the most relevant tasks depending on
   your time, place and deadlines?
 * Does GTG help you to know why you need to perform a task and does
   GTG give you the feeling, that you really make progress towards your
   goals?
 * Does GTG encourage you to do what needs to be done?

4. What are 'must-have' features for modern Taskmanagers?

Maybe we could also make a little survey, and ask some users, about GTG. I think, the guys at omgubuntu.co.uk would help us out to reach some (possible) users. If you like the idea, we should make a small list of questions, based on our own findings.

Follow ups