Re: Explanation on the concept of subtasks

Am 01.04.2012 06:15, schrieb meg ford:
Also, on the subject of subtasks, do you think it would be interesting
to have a "Timeline" view where users could add and view subtasks as
connected to specific tasks? Rather than defining them as a "thing", we
could organize a larger task as consisting of smaller tasks, and combine
it with the calendar function (so users would be adding and editing
subtasks, maybe by drag and drop) along a line that contained the main
task, and wouldn't have to use separate actions to define when, etc. I'm
not sure how to accomplish this in GTK, but I think it would be nice to
allow the user to define many aspects of their tasks simply, treating
each task as an object rather something which is defined through a
complicated series of  actions via drop-down menus, pop-up windows, etc.

There is a bug/feature request for that:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/495475

We need somebody who designs and implements that ;)

    Can these actions be called "To Do"? That would go along with the
    name (To Do and Task Manager), and the HIG says that strings should
    be as short as possible.

I am against calling them "To Do". Every active task is "To Do" but we want to say that you can do it right now. In my opinion, we should stick to "Actionable" from GTD or "Next Action" from other ToDo managers.