Re: Discussion related to Bug #970742

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Nimit Shah <nimit.svnit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>    i had filed a bug :https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/970742 today.
>    As a possible bug fix I suggested,
>             adding a horizontal scroll bar to the tag sidebar so that the
> users will be able to see the number of tasks and if the tag name is large,
> then he shall be able to see the entire name.
>             Another suggestion is that, we show the tags in this manner
> tag_name(no_of_tasks) attached to it.
>
>   During my discussion with izidor on IRC, he suggested setting the sidebar
> width to the minimal possible value which will show names of all the tags.
>      Please send in your suggestions as to what would be the best way to
> solve the bug.

Hi,

the correct way to fix this is to use ellipsization on the tag name,
so that long tagnames are abbreviated with right-justified (...) when
the sidebar is not long enough.

However, I don't think we should ellipsize special labels like "Tasks
with no tags", so we could also try to make sure that the sidebar is
at least large enough to display those correctly.

Bertrand