Re: Switching Task Editor to a MVC Architecture?

On 05/18/2012 08:56 PM, Steve Scheel wrote:
Bertrand, I have noticed that it is somewhat divided between the two
classes, but if I think we could split the TaskEditor into a model where
the Task class itself is the model, with a TaskEditorView class and a
TaskEditorController class (names can be changed if needed, of course),
with the TaskView class simply being a customized widget to do our
bidding. I will start looking through the task class itself to make sure
this is possible, but I think that could lead to a good solution.

If I understand it correctly, model of the Task will be a representation of special parts of the task like "this part is a text and that part is a subtask". It will be possible to load from a string or dump to a string a task directly from this model. Controller will handle user inputs and modify that model and TaskView would just display model without any important logic in it? Does it mean that task editor could be easily tested and maybe use a different toolkit for displaying? (e.g. web browser for web version of GTG?)