Re: [Merge] lp:~gtg-contributors/gtg/bugfix-629683 into lp:gtg

Review: Approve code, running

I suggest that this is the final patch for the bug and afterwards it will be marked as fixed. In other words, nitpicking is appropriate :)

You sometimes use normal quotes instead of xml entity ", e.g. "save" button. We should stick to a consistent style. Foot note: normal quotes works in the same way as xml entity " Maybe use normal quotes?

I think we should promote our blog http://gtg.fritalk.com as well in initial tutorial. (after link to launchpad) Something like "If you want to get tips for using GTG or be informed about the newest features, visit our blog at http://gtg.fritalk.com";

"Sometimes it is easier to cut down a task in several smaller tasks. GTG helps to do just this by defining "subtasks". In GTG, those subtasks are prerequisite that must be completed before being able to close their parent task."

If I recall correctly, the correct definition of subtasks in GTG is more about prerequisites than a smaller tasks which happens to have the same parent. <this is more brainstorming than nitpicking>

"Note that subtasks obey to some rules: first, a subtask's due date can never be happen after its parent's due date and, second, when you mark a parent task as done, its subtasks will also be marked as done."

<brainstorming>There is no mention for the rule start_date < due_date.</brainstorming>

I would also formulate when you close a parent task, its subtasks will be closed as well" (It is true for dismissing or deleting tasks)

The tasks that you marked as done or dismissed are stored in the Closed Tasks Pane which is hidden by default, but you can easily enable it using the View menu.

<brainstorming>Use instead exact menu path? View -> Closed tasks pane</brainstorming>

" Here are other stuff you will find interesting to read:"

It sounds strange to me although I am not a native speaker. Maybe "There is other stuff you will find interesting to read" or even "There is even more to discover:"

"If you right click on a tag in the sidebar you can also set its color. It will allow you to have a more colorful list of tasks, if you want it that way."

<brainstorming>We should propagate your awesome tag editor. What do you say?</brainstorming>

Could you please use suggestions from bug #615027? Better suggest the new user tags for keeping "hierarchy"

There is a missing condition in WorkView to hide a task: set due date to "someday" to hide ideas which needs more thoughts

"If you use tags, you can right click on a tag in the sidebar and choose to hide tasks assigned to this particular tag in the workview. It's very useful if you have a tag like "someday" that you use for tasks you would like to do but are not particularly urgent."

This paragraph could be updated to use another example, e.g. @wait when you wait for a response from your teammate.

It might help to stress that tasks are hidden immediately, i.e. when you drag-and-drop a subtask to another task, the parent is hidden. Or when you trigger another condition. We should prepare user for that "wow" effect when tasks are hidden in real time and suggest turning off Workview when planing for a next week or so.

"Some examples of the current plugins are synchronization with online services like Remember the Milk and Evolution, Tomboy/Gnote integration and Geolocalized Tasks."

Those examples should be  changed. Remember the Milk is not plugin anymore and it might or might not be included in release, Evolution and Geolocalized Tasks are blocked by Porting GTG to GTK3. What about "export and print" plugin, "Old task remover", "Hamster" (the hamster plugin doesn't work 100% atm)

"You can find the Plugin Manager by selecting Edit in the Menu Bar, then clicking Preferences. You will then see a tab labeled Plugins."

Path to the plugin manager was changed.

There should be added a section on syn. services based on Radina's userdoc.

There should be also a section on search/smart tags - see bug #1026264

"GTG is still very alpha software. We like it and use it everyday but you will encounter some bugs."

I would say GTG is not alpha anymore, maybe beta ;) The link to reporting bug should be directly https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+filebug - when you write summary, it suggests you potential duplicates.

Could you make GTG/core/firstrun_tasks.py PEP8 and pylint compatible? It would mean mainly reformanting the whole file to fit 79-character width limit.

Feel free to dismiss my notes if you don't agree. :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gtg-contributors/gtg/bugfix-629683/+merge/115353
Your team Gtg contributors is subscribed to branch lp:~gtg-contributors/gtg/bugfix-629683.