Re: Notification system, and hour for tasks

Hi Baptiste,

First of all, congrats for what you already have done! It's a really good
work and looks really interesting.

As for hour support, it seems to me that a task which is given a very
specific time of happening is actually an event, not so much of a task
anymore. So, for me it's becoming the work of an agenda, not a task
manager. So I would rather recommend to export/sync the task with an agenda
and implement/exploit the reminder feature of that agenda.

Now, you could imagine a feature that would allow to specify a time of
happening in GTG and export this information to the agenda, so that you
have a continuous integration between the task organizer and the agenda.

I would definitely implement this as a plugin. Indeed, I'm not sure it
should be a core functionality. So it would be better to have it as an
experimental feature at first, and plugins are perfect for this.

If the issue for you is simplicity and having an automagic support of
feature without requiring "heavy" user interaction, you can still ask the
user after the installation/at the first use if he wants to enable the
feature and edit its GTG configuration script to enable the plugin. This
way, user interaction budget is kept very low.

Regards,

Bertrand