gtg-gsoc team mailing list archive

GTG - multiple backends week #4 (Luca Invernizzi)

Hello GSoCcers,
Happy 1st month of GSoC with Gnome! Here's my weekly report for week
#4 (also on [blogpost], with pictures, and on my [portfolio]).

"""Another week has gone, and new ways to synchronize things to do
have landed in my Getting Things Gnome!" branch.

First of all, there is a new two-way synchronization engine for tasks
(complete with test cases), which will be the core of all the backends
to come.

The first backend using that is the new TOMBOY-GTG synchronization:
the idea behind this one is that some of you are used to use tomboy to
take quick notes, but then they realize that they also need that note
in their todo list. With this backend, just adding a tag to the note
(like "@tomboy-gtg") will automatically add that note to GTG the next
time you start it.

So, basically, it's a way to superpower some of your notes, giving
them a way to get scheduled in your super-busy third-millennium life.

[ Screenshot on [blogpost]]

For now, two-way sync is working for all tasks (not filtering them
yet), and a few bugs have to be ironed out, the most important of
which is that GTG sometime issues the deletion of all tasks when it's
quitting (which is rather unpleasant).
Next week, I'm planning to get this plugin ready for the users. Then,
I think the Remember The Milk backend will follow, and shortly after
Evolution and CouchDb."""

[portfolio] http://live.gnome.org/gtg/soc2010_invernizzi_portfolio
[blogpost] http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=368
[bzr branch] lp:~gtg-user/gtg/multi-backends__invernizzi_gsoc gtg-invernizzi