gtg-gsoc team mailing list archive

Getting things GNOME! Web service and API: Weekly Report 04.

Hello!

This is my fourth weekly report. It's been another very busy week at my
college. All that remains are the final exams, which are spread out over
three weeks thanks to two national holidays next week, so they won't take
too much of my time.
The plan for this week was:
* start working on task text parsing, so that it will be possible to mark
tasks with tags and to make task trees. (TODO)
I didn't manage to do this, but it's on the list for next week.

* start working on the REST API. (DONE)
We now have a functional read-only api with basic authentication.
It can be tested using curl. API details are on the project's LGO page
http://live.gnome.org/gtg/soc2010_jez

* enable user registration, so the django admin interface is no longer
needed. (DONE)
It works but it doesn't look nice, it will get prettier over time.

For next week, the plan is to do:
* Text parsing
* Read-write API
* Start writing a new GTG backend (using Luca Invernizzi's mighty backend
system) to enable synchronization.

Hope everyone had a good first gsoc month!