Re: [GTG]

Le dimanche 08 mars 2009 à 19:34 +0100, Julien Baley a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> sorry if I'm not using properly this mailing list, but I had some
> questions and suggestions about Getting Things Gnome!

Hello Julien. You are on the perfect place to discuss GTG so welcome :-)

> First, I am wondering if it was possible to order some tasks. It looks
> like I can use sub-tasks, or set a start date according to the
> calendar, but I've found nothing to set a start date on another task's
> "task done" flag, which seems to me to be rather important (especially
> when slicing my "to do" tasks). Is there a way to do that, is it
> planned, or is it a new idea?

What you want is, if I understand you correctly, the workview. By making
B a subtask of A, A will never be in the workview as long as B is not
completed. Personally, I'm nearly always in workview mode to have the
behaviour you described.

> Second, usability : it would be very nice if something like a cancel
> button (+ shortcut ctrl + Z) could be added, wether it be in the text
> area of a task / sub-task (oh no! I've deleted the text of a task and
> cannot get it back, unfortunately) or for tasks themselves (though
> there, it seems less important as a dialog asks if I really want to
> delete the task).

Yep, Undo/redo should be nice but it's not an easy thing to do. We
planned it (Bertrand even added the icons) but we never did the
implementation. It's also not really clear what undo should do. For the
delete function, I think it's closely related to the following
discussion :
https://lists.launchpad.net/gtg-user/msg00004.html

> Finally, after a short look around, I couldnt find a tarball archive
> of the project (as you seem to be looking for contributions), did I
> miss it?

Tarballs are linked here :
http://gtg.fritalk.com/pages/download

But if you plan to play with code, I strongly suggest you to use bzr.
Simply do :

bzr branch lp:gtg

and you will have the full source. You can play with it, even commit
your stuffs locally and if you developed something interesting, it's
really easy to send your patch as a merge. Really, DVCS (and bzr)
rocks ! :-)

Lionel

PS : note to everyone : don't forget to reply-all when replying to this
list.