One year of GTG!

Dear GTG community,

Due to a bad H1N1 virus, I unfortunatly forgot to wish an happy first
birthday to the first commit of GTG (which was October 17th 2008). GTG is
far of what we are expecting and what we hope to build but it's exciting
to see how much progress we have done in only one year and what great
community we have built in so little time.

We wanted to release 0:2 to mark the first birthday but, unfortunatly,
trunk was in a really bad state, with lot of awkward bugs. I was even
using 0.1.2 for my work tasks for some weeks.

Fortunatly, I've fixed a couple of critical bugs while hanging out at
Google headquarters for Summer of Code mentor Summit and I'm really
confident again that 0.2 is not really far.

The list of targetted bug is here :
https://edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+milestone/0.2

I'm using trunk again and it is really better than the old 0.1.2.

How can you help ?

First and most important : report reproducable bugs. Or comment on
existing bug on how to reproduce a given bug. 75% of fixing work is, in
fact, reproducing the exact issue. Once one of the dev can see the issue
himself, he will get very few sleep before the issue is actually fixed ;-)

We can also maybe delay some less important issue to a later release.

Second way to help is, of course, to send a patch to fix one issue. If you
don't want to dive too deep, just look at the code of plugins. There's bug
in plugins too and there might be easy to fix.

Thanks a lot for your support in what was a hard time for GTG. We hope to
make you happy with 0.2.

See you on #gtg,

Lionel (aka Ploum)