Re: Fwd: Re: Proposal to use a different policy for translations for GTG

I've applied (just to try out) the proposed policy to GTG : assigning
translation to the Launchpad translator team.

I wanted to try but it's now really easy (launchpad interface is way more
user friendly than one year ago). So :

1) We have to see what does it change.

2) if we keep it that way, we have to send a mail to our community and
post on the blog to inform them.

3) else we go back to the open way of translating

(note that any of you can change this setting so please play with it)

As for the GNOME translation, I like the idea but I don't want to invest
time on it right now.

Milo > is the setting right now as it should be ?

Lionel

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:44:45 +0100, Bertrand Rousseau
<bertrand.rousseau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Lionel Dricot <ploum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> I find the idea very interesting. What do you think ?
>>

> Uh, which one? There's plenty of proposals in this mail...
>
> I don't know about GTP, so I can't really comment on this one. The sure
> thing is, if we want to be some part of GNOME, that would be an
interesting
> move. The point about gnome git repository and launchpad is also
relevant,
> we'll have to think about that some day...
>
> I actuall didn't know about a difference between lp translation team and
> ubuntu translation team. As far as I am concerned, I think we should be
as
> general as possible, and try not to be too ubuntu-centric. So it is
clearly
> ok for me.
>
> What does he call a "Structured" policy?
>
> Bertrand

GTG