Re: [Merge] lp:~mkevac/gtg/578444 into lp:gtg

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Luca Invernizzi <invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To give you an indication about where that code should go, I've found where the part of the config object about plugin is built: in Manager.quit() GTG/viewmanager/manager.py.
>
> I think that Manager.quit() is never called. That would be a good explanation for this bug.
> Could you confirm that, Marko? If so, please modify GTG/gtg.py to call that function: it should be a one liner, but I'd like to have this merge with your name since you made me realize which was the (probable, for now) issue.

It is called. To be more specific, it is called when main window is
closed (application is closed).
But it is not good to save configuration only when user exits the
application. Config should be saved right after some of configuration
parameters in changed.

I don't really understand why config should be "built". It should be
only read(), used and saved(). All "building" must be hidden in
Config() class.

So I don't see any way how some GUI that messes with configuration
could save that configuration in any way other than calling save() on
Config object.

I am not fond of my fix too. Primarily because "building" is done in
two places. In Preference class and in Manager class. But I am sure
that saving() must be available everywhere.

Q. Why is top posting bad?
https://code.launchpad.net/~mkevac/gtg/578444/+merge/26475
Your team Gtg developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mkevac/gtg/578444 into lp:gtg.