Re: [Question #113333]: Failed to initialize GEM. Falling back to classic.

Question #113333 on Getting Things GNOME! changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+question/113333

Luca Invernizzi proposed the following answer:
Hey there!
GTG does not use directly anything named GEM.
There are two things named GEM that I'm aware of in Linux:
 - ruby stuff (which is not the case)
 - graphic stuff (http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5994)

I think it's a problem among your video card, your kernel and X.  It's
strange that it happens only with GTG, since it's just another GTK
application with no custom fancy graphics.

The most complex thing we do is to draw the colored squares that
identify tags (with Pango), but that's about it. It has happened,
though, that those squares were giving graphics problem (for people with
intel graphic cards, if I recall correctly), but it was not our fault :)

Good luck in sorting this one out!

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gtg
developers, which is an answer contact for Getting Things GNOME!.