Re: Joining the contributors...

Hi Steve,

welcome on board! Our current goal is to make GTG stable. It means we want to make RTM and Google Tasks backends usable. The biggest issue is a low-level interface for backends. To write a new backend, you have to write about 400+ lines of code. I'm working on a new one which will be discussed soon. (I am busy this week :-( The focus on new backends will be after releasing GTG 0.3.

I recommend you to get familiar with Bazaar and Launchpad (30min of your time). What's next depends on what you want to contribute to:

1. RTM has changed its API the last year and we should reflect those changes. There are quite many bugs. [1] Do you want debug them?

2. we would like to improve GNOME Shell calendar extension, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/931380

3. There are many LOVE bugs in GTG which should be easy to fix.

Choose something what you want or propose your own. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Don't forget, hacking opensource should be about having fun!

Izidor

1: http://bit.ly/wxnSMJ