GUI test suite for GTG

Hi

I would like to contribute to GTG in the area of gui test automation,
which is the area I have more experience.  In the comments of the report
bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/415803 there is a proposal for
the use of <a href="http://mago.ubuntu.com/";>Mago</a>  as the testing
tool for build those automated tests.

I would like to propose a different approach by using <a
href="http://lettuce.it";>lettuce</a>.  Lettuce is a Behaviour-driven
development tool based on <a href="http://cukes.info/";>Cucumber</a>,
although lettuce doesn't have implemented all the cucumber features it
has the enough ones for build an automated tests suite.

The idea is describe the GTG features using the lettuce DSL, by example

Feature: add a task using the quickadd entry
    In order to quickly create a new task
    As a GTG user
    I want to use the quick add entry

    Scenario: create a simple task
        Given I have started GTG
        When I add a new task on the quickadd entry
        Then I should see the task on the task panel

On the next level, the test steps can be implemented using
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/

I think that with this approach we could build more consistent tests,
help to define better the future features, and allows to a better
communication between the people involved on the project.

What do you think about?

Regards
Antonio
--