hp6710b team mailing list archive

HP 6710b Problems in Ubuntu or Debian (fwd)

For the sake of history, here's the invitational mail to bugs.debian.org reporters with a 6710b.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:02:46 +0100 (CET)
From: Tomas Pospisek To: Hristo Hristov, Michal Sojka, Neale Banks, luis garmendia,
    Sjoerd Simons, Mr Allwyn Fernandes
Subject: HP 6710b Problems in Ubuntu or Debian

Hello you all,

today I was researching problems with my notebook with Ubuntu Karmic (see below). Every Ubuntu upgrade seems to be bringing about regressions wrt to HW. Now Debian and Ubuntu are close and since we all seem to be owning a HP Compaq 6710b I thought maybe we could create a a place where we could informally share info and experience with Linux/Ubuntu/Debian on the 6710b?

Thus I created a launchpad team:

  https://launchpad.net/~hp6710b

It'd be very nice if you'd join and so we all'd have a point of contact if we want to fix/tweak our laptop.

Now to the problem - I wanted to ask you, if anybody has also experienced, that the latop often immediately goes to sleep after resuming from suspend? Switching it on a second time works then...

Thanks and greets and I hope we see each other in https://launchpad.net/~hp6710b
*t

PS: I also wrote to people owning a 6710b that I found in launchpad